8:30 Clay and Jeff to school. I go with Em to Jeff's class (Moral Science).
9:00 I go to Amanda's class and help with any grading or class work that she needs.
10:00 Em and I go to the preschool and I read an English storybook to 4 different classes of kids.
12:30 I pick up Clay and the other KG boys who live at the children's home. We have a "playgroup" and do homework, play games, etc.
2:00 Lunch, help boys with homework.
4:00 Jeff makes chipati.
5:00 Jeff plays volleyball, I play cricket or other games, Clay and Em run around with boys.
7:00 Devos. with the boys in different houses.
7:30 Dinner, help with homework.
9:00 Sing, pray, and put boys to bed.
9:30 Sleep.
The days and weeks seem full and are going by quickly. This morning I read this in my Amy Carmichael devotional. May it bless you like it did my soul:
"This is a new day for you, but He who loves you meets you at the gate of the day, and at the gate of the new month, and He says, "Fear not, the Lord will give you strength; the Lord will bless you with peace (Ps.29:11)." Happy February!
11 comments:
Hi Ade, Oh, thank you so much for anwering my request in giving us your daily routine. I appreciate it so much. I will print this entry and put it on our refrigerator!! The kids look fantastic. I'm hugging them with my whole heart!! You and Jeff too!!!! Love you, Ade!
Mom Rack
Hey, sweet one...you are a treasure. Thanks for sharing glimpses into this crazy journey you're on! Your words are challenging and encouraging all at the same time.
I think and pray for you everyday.
So what is the time difference? It says you posted at 2 am. Your time? Ours? We would love to think about you during the day and be able to specifically pray about what you are doing in the moment.
Sounds like a normal day here...:) Except the food:) Sounds very structured which must be nice. So glad the kids are doing well.
hey, thanks for posting this! now i'll know where you are when i'm leaving work at midnight my time. so good to see clay & emma's smiles, and know that the adjustment progresses :) you have undertaken a monumental and, to our culture's standards, heroic task - praying for strength & grace to endure & enjoy.
love, jj
p.s. i love your view of the mountains! has anyone had time to hike them yet?? :)
We think of you all often. Piper prayed for Clay and Emma a few days ago, so sweet. You are not forgotten and we lift you up often in thoughts and prayers. I love Amy Carmichael, what a great gift to have her book there! May He speak through her words.
dear jeff, ade clay and em, how much joy to see your blog at lori's. joy and sadness too as i realize the difficulties you face and yet the many blessings you will gain from your experiences. may your joys be many while your plates are so full . we are fine and miss you all very much. love and prayers your grandma and great gram xxxoooxxxoooxxxooooxxxx
Ade~ I so enjoy reading about your journey in India! I am praying for you guys! What a blessing to be able to experience this together! May the Lord continue to show himself so ever present and faithful! You look fabulous in a suri!
I was with Krista today for a few hours and we talked of how proud we are of you and how much we miss you! We can't wait to hug you and hear how God has totally changed you for eternity. Love you girl!
Hey sweet sister! What a blessing you are and what an inspiration and encouragement your blogs are! It is wonderful to know your routine and picture what your day is like. The pictures of the food . . . well what can I say? Yum??? Are you beginning to like any of it? I love the story of Jeff picking the weeds you had for dinner. :) We love you all dearly and are so proud of you!!! Hugs to everyone!!!! Love, Melissa
(This message is for Clayton, dictated by Hunter and Zachary, typed by Aunt Melissa ;) Hi to our buddy Clayton!! :) We hope you don't get sick again. We love you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! How are you feeling? We hope you make some friends. :) How do you like India? We can't wait to see you when you come back!!! We can't wait to wrestle with you!! Maybe you can come to our house when you're done staying at India. ;) We are praying for you! Give Emma a hug from us! We miss you! We will see you later! Love, Hunter and Zachary ;)
Post a Comment