Saturday, January 31, 2009

Our Home

These are the Himalayas and the wheatfields we see most days. (Some days it is too hazy to see the mountains.)
We live on the second floor of this house. Our apartment is about 600 square feet and consists of a kitchen, two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a room with a table and benches to eat at. Our house overlooks the gardens where the boys grow tomatoes, onions, garlic, and beans.
Here is our kitchen (6 x 9). We have a small stove top thing with two burners and a gas tank that is hooked up to it. This morning Jeff made us scrambled eggs for a treat! Mmmmm. We crave American food and the variety we had. The other night we were tucking the kids into bed and talking about our favorite foods that we want to eat right away when we get home. :) They requested Cracker Barrel! Pizza, pancakes, salads, hamburgers, and fresh veggies and fruits are also at the tops of our lists.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ade, when I was growing up, our vacations always consisted of staying in litle cabins at different resorts where Dad thought there might be good fishing. Your kitchen reminds me of some of those little cabins. I remember Mom's magic in always being able to make it "home" for that week. I know you are doing the same. Thank you for this entry! Love you so much, Mom Rack

Susanna said...

I've been anxiously awaiting pictures of your home - thanks for sharing! If I were in your shoes now, I'd be saying, "imagine I'm on a wilderness trip..." And then it would seem like a luxury to have that 6x9 kitchen! :) I hope God's multiplying the calories of the meals so that everyone gets the nourishment they need. What a blessing that your kids have adjusted to the food - that is SO impressive! You are often in our prayers. thanks for the great updates.