Saturday, January 24, 2009

Beulah Mam


This is Clayton's KG teacher, Beulah Mam. She is God's special gift in his life. She is the sweetest teacher, very petite, and full of patience and grace. She has a huge smile and always holds Clay's hand after school as they walk out the doors. Clay has now gone to school one week and I think he's beginning to enjoy it. I was so surprised to see the advanced schooling they have here. The KG kids are already writing and reading "ing" words. Their penmanship is spectacular. I asked Miraj (also a KG kid) if that was his teacher's writing. "No Mam, it's mine." Oh boy! They stress very different things in their academics here. I know it will be good for Clay. He has had a much better week and has been out playing with the boys, climbing trees, shooting arrows, and chasing cats. The other night he prayed, "Thank you God for India and for these boys. Thank you for a roof over our heads." It's a beautiful thing to see God at work, even in our own little children's hearts here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Beulah Mam!! A beautiful gift indeed to Clayton's Grama, knowing that God has placed this precious angel in his life for these five months!! Thank you for the sweet blessing of this entry, Ade!! Her name is in my prayer journal and I will pray faithfully for her every school day!! He will carry her in his heart for the rest of his life. She reminds me of my 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Smith :) I especially treasure Clay's sweet smile in this picture. I "hug him"
and Emma too, many times throughout the day (and night).
Love you, Ade!! Mom Rack

Anonymous said...

How sweet! You're right about his teacher being petite; she makes Clayton look like a junior higher! Love love LOVE the pictures and stories, and of course our unconditional love of you includes dredlocks, Adi! (Did I spell that right?!)
~Mom Lehman

Jayme said...

I got tears in my eyes at Clay's prayer...he is changing so quickly, isn't he? Sounds like his teacher is an amazing answer to prayer...

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear he is doing better, Ade! I will pray for this woman and for her special relationship with Clay!!! Precious. Krista

Anonymous said...

P.S. I love to hear about him climbing trees, shooting arrows and chasing cats! =) His prayer was just precious. Treasure it! ahhhh... Love, Krista

Anonymous said...

That's a really sweet picture! We are glad it's been going better with Clay!

Austin and Kristina