Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ajay and other A names...

Memorizing these boys names has been a bit of a challenge, like learning a new language. I get especially confused with Anshuman, Abishek, Ashutosh, and Abinash! :) They all have the same hair and eye color, so there aren't as many characteristics by which to distinguish them. But, two weeks into it, we've almost got them all down. This is Ajay. We were out working in the fields together the other day when I snapped this picture. I love his huge smile and bright eyes. These boys continue to amaze and inspire me. They handwash their own clothes and their own dishes (even the littlest ones) without complaining! They are quick to help eachother and even make a game out of who can wash our dishes first. They jump up and offer their seat when an adult or older person enters. Respect is learned very early here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll especially be praying for the "A's" this week (and for your "assignment" of keeping them all straight AND getting to know all of them AND building those important relationships! Mom Rack

Anonymous said...

Certainly humbles me. Wow - these kids are amazing. (The picture is VIBRANT, by the way! SO beautiful!) Love, Krista