
Amanda took me to the Tuesday Market this week. Loads and loads of colorful fruits and veggies spilled out of from each of the vendors’ stations. In this picture you can see the old fashioned “scales” they use to weigh the goods.

Rows of spices, beans, nuts, and raisins looked beautiful to me. Everything is very cheap. I bought a kilo of carrots (a small grocery bag full) for 10 rupees (20 cents). Altogether I spent about $6.00 and came home with my backpack and arms full of bananas, green peppers, carrots, oranges, raisins, almonds, oil, crackers, popcorn, and two loaves of bread.
3 comments:
How fun! I would LOVE a market like that each week! Especially cheap...groceries are slowing rising in prices here...not fun.
OK, maybe my donut photo made you jealous, but these PRICES make me jealous! Wow! I spend a portion of each day, it seems, searching for the best prices for food (good, healthy, REAL food. :) Sounds like you've got a great source there!
I loved seeing pictures and hearing about the market, since I love the farmer's market! Glad to know there is more to eat than beans and rice, since that is all I have been picturing (or stereotyping) in my head!
Post a Comment