Sunday, February 8, 2009

To be known

(Miraj, age 8)
Recently I thought about how much these boys don’t know about their own lives—their birth date, their real age, their full name, their parents and if they are dead of alive, their family history, etc. Someone has assigned ages and birthdays to many of these boys who didn’t arrive with that information.


Lord, I am reminded that we are fully KNOWN in You. You know everything about us. “You know what lies in darkness and light dwells with You.” (Dan.2:22) All of our unknowns are KNOWN to You. “O Lord, you have searched me and You know me.” (Ps.139:1)


A beautiful song these boys sing says: “Father God, I wonder at the knowledge of Your parenthood and Your loving care. Now I am Your son, I am adopted in Your family, and I will never be alone.” It’s so powerful to hear orphans sing this and to know that there are no orphans to God, but we are all known to Him.

3 comments:

doddyj said...

Ade, how will you ever leave here in a few months? I feel like my heart is melting for your boys and I'm only reading about it on your blog. I am so blessed in America with even the simple knowledge of my relatives and yearly birthday parties.

Christine said...

I love that the boys have been taught a song that sings of their adoption into God's family. I pray that it rings true in each of their precious hearts.

Anonymous said...

Over and over while you have been in India, I have pondered Jim Elliott's quote, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain that which he cannot lose". What treasures you are experiencing. What amazing insights...into the heart of God...into the heart of these boys.. and into the heart of Adrienne! Thank you for sharing them. I am enriched indeed! Mom Rack