Friday, February 20, 2009

Leapin' Lizards

So far, Jeff has captured 5 of these crazy critters for us. They like to hide in cracks and crevices in the walls, behind the curtains, in closets, etc.
The first week we were here, we were getting used to the idea of lizards surprising us and I laid Emma down for a nap. A minute later I heard a loud scream and cry. I ran to see what was wrong and she was pointing at the ceiling. "Mom, a lizard crawled out of there!" I looked up and found out that they like to hide in the ceiling fans. I think that's enough to give kids nightmares! Poor girl... I told her that she should think of it as a "pet lizard" even though he's not in a cage. He just likes to live in her room. She seemed okay with that idea.
Today when I laid her down for her nap, I heard clapping sounds after I closed the door. Emma has become brave and found out that if she sees a lizard she can just clap and the sound scares them back into their little hole. :)

3 comments:

Christine said...

That's too funny! My girls would love to have lizards crawling around their room. Well, at least they think they would. If it actually happened I wonder what their true reaction would be. ;)

Candy Family said...

Way to go Emma! Love the clapping!

M. Lumpkin said...

Hah! In Indonesia we loved these guys because they ate so many mosquitos!