Sunday, February 8, 2009

Indian Suits

Amanda and I have had the fun of picking out material at the market and then taking it to the tailor in town to have a "suit" made for us. The total cost of fabric is $6.00 and then $1.50 to have the outfit made. I have a few other kurtas (shirts), and these are what I wear everyday. (It makes getting ready in the mornings very fast...not too many choices!) :) The Indians like their clothing to be very bright and colorful.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Adriane! So good to read your blogs! You've reminded me of the frequent power outages, curry chicken and comfortable sarwars I got to experience during my trip to India! I have a CD that I listen to frequently now that has a song called Mother India: "Father God, you have shed your tears for Mother India..." I always think of all the orphans I met, the evangelists who were giving their all to preach the Gospel in India... There are so many millions that have yet to hear the good news. I shed so many tears as we drove around the country, thinking of this fact and praying for God to send more people... I am so grateful that you and your husband are serving the poor, the lost and the brokenhearted in India... May God bless your time there... I pray that I get to go back someday-for years though instead of weeks... Much Love, Sylvia

pammycakes said...

you girls look beautiful....i love those outfits....:)

Anonymous said...

i'm feeling a little left out here... looking good though!
-audra

doddyj said...

Amanda - great polka dots!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ade, if they have fashion magazines over there, I know two girls who would make great cover girls :). How pretty you both look, and so comfortable! Will your Mom and Audra get to have one while they're there, or will they just borrow from you girls? Be sure to post a picture of the 4 of you, okay? With all my heart, I wish I could be in that picture! Love you, Mom Rack

NotSuchACityGirl said...

the colors look good on you guys :)

Candy said...

Wanted to let you know that we are still praying for all of you!
You both look beautiful!!
The Muhmes

Amanda Seibert said...

don't worry, aud, you will be wearing your own hammer pants soon! can't wait to have you join us in india!!!!

Stephanie said...

They look lovely and so comfortable!