Saturday, January 3, 2009

A visit to Gramps and Gram's

Today we went to Michigan for the day to spend time with Gramps and Gram. Grandpa showed us the spot where he goes ice fishing at their lake. Clayton was very interested and hopes he can join Great Gramps on a fishing adventure next winter.


We also celebrated the January birthdays... here are the boys being goofy and singing.

And then, as we drove away, we looked out our window, and here they were waving and blowing kisses to us like they always do. I told Jeff I needed to take a picture and remember this moment, because it won't be that way forever. This is what I want to be like when I grow up!
We are so thankful for our families. It's been fun to spend so much time with them these past few weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Jeff!

Ade, that last picture of your grandparents is awesome! It reminds me of one of my favorite kids books about grandmas and grandpas - The Hello, Goodbye Window.

I'm so glad you are getting a lot chances to spend time with family before you head to India. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures Ade oh and happy Birthday Jeff!
~Elizabeth Crepinsek

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for that picture of your grandparents waving. i almost teared up, because that's what my grandparents are like when we leave, and we used to laugh about it (we teased that we had to keep waving until we were out of sight) - but you are RIGHT! it WON'T always be like that - they won't always be there. praise the Lord for Godly grandparents and Godly heritage!

Jayme said...

So sorry we had to miss that double birthday celebration! I took lots of pictures while we were there too, because you never know how much longer we have those two precious souls...

I've been thinking about your entire family all day as you make the long, hard journey to India today. We can't wait to hear news upon your arrival. God bless and Happy Birthday to Jeff today...