Friday, March 6, 2009

Glow

We had the most beautiful time with the boys last Friday night. As we talked about the Easter season, Jeff handed out these glow-in-the-dark Christ stars that came with a tag that read, “The Star His Birth, The Cross His Death, The Cross in the Star, His Resurrection.” The boys held them up to a light and then when the lights were turned off, everyone oohhhhhed and ahhhed at their bright stars. They were giddy because they had never seen anything like it. As the boys held out their glowing stars, our song echoed through the dark concrete room,
“Light of the World, You stepped down into darkness, opened my eyes, let me see. Beauty that made this heart adore You, Hope of a life spent with You. So here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, here I am to say that You’re my God, You’re altogether lovely, altogether worthy, altogether wonderful to me.”
Now when we go to tuck the boys in at night, there are several beds with a glow beside them. The other night, Amanda and I pulled back the blanket to see Abdulla’s face and say goodnight. What we found was Abdulla with his eyes closed, and his tiny hand clutching his glowing Christ star. During this Easter Season and always, may we cling to Jesus and hold tight to the cross.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrianne and Jeff! We saw your Mom today and she is SO excited about coming to visit! We were glad to see her because we get to keep up with you all now.

We are praying for you all. We will be checking by often.

Is Clay feeling better? Please tell him Audrey says hello!
Love,
Joyce

Perry Reichanadter said...

That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to share this entry with Mitch and Debbie!! They will be so excited about the boys' responses...I love the word "giddy" to describe their joy!
Love you dearly!
Mom Rack

The Holdens said...

What a beautiful experience. I am encouraged by what God is doing in your lives and in that orphanage. We are praying for you guys. Emma is looking so much bigger! We hope Clay feels better and more adjusted quickly. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Mara