Jeff has been leading the older boys on Thursday afternoons to serve eight of the neighboring families around this place. I love his idea, because he wants to show these orphans that there is always someone they can help. He is teaching them that we are actually rich here in India at this orphanage, because we are healthy, have strong minds and bodies, have enough food, clean water, etc. Some of the neighbors are “poorer” than us, so we want to be a blessing to them. It has been a beautiful thing to watch as these boys have for the first time served this village.
During our sharing time at a campfire the other night, Kamal (age 17) said, “I had always thought God blesses those who help themselves, but now I know that God helps those who help others.” I love having a front row seat to watch God as He works in the lives of these boys and in this village.
“You are blessed to be a blessing.” -Beth Moore
We've not been blessed by God just to keep it all to ourselves. May we never let the blessing stop with us, but always pour out that blessing onto others.
5 comments:
Truly,these boys will never be the same because of your passion to serve, just as you will never be the same, because of their response to that passion, and the blessing of God on this amazing experience......when are you planning to return...you must, you know. You're in our prayers as you fall deeper and deeper in love with these boys, and with the God who has so beautifully equipped and designed each of your hearts!
Very much love, Mom Rack
glad we aren't your neighbors! :) (just kidding) thanks for the gentle reminder to keep giving and looking out for the needs of others.
I wish I would have been able to capture Mark's eyes when he saw this picture. He is dreaming big!
Audrey says to tell Clay hi!
Joyce
I love that this is all happening in Sarees!
What an amazing lesson to get to teach... ahhh... so true!
Krista
Post a Comment