We gave hand rubs while singing some of their favorite songs. Though we started out singing in a quintet with harmony, by the end there were only one or two voices, because we were all choked up with emotion!Then Dad prayed a father’s prayer of blessing over the boys, and we all sang, “Goodnight boys, sleep tight boys, Jesus keeps your dreams, for the God above is a God of love, so little boys sleep in peace.” As I walked home, I thought of the amazing experience we had just shared…to be holding the hands of little orphans, giving touches of affection, singing to them and praying blessings over their lives. Though we have very little earthly riches here, I feel so rich to my core. I know that these boys are close to the heart of God.
5 comments:
Richness indeed, Ade!! I love that your Dad and Mom got to be a part of that...especially
"the fathers" prayer over the boys - very powerful....and very tender. Beautiful. Gripping. Rich!
All my love , Mom Rack
Ade...it is so encouraging to hear of your testimony and influence on the boys over there! the Lord is definitely using you guys in a powerful way over there. ohhh and i love how you sang them that song! i remember that song from camp! im glad that your family could come and visit. well ill keep praying for you guys
Jenn Blessing
I am so glad to have found your blog Chilemom wrote to me and told me about your site. You are living a dream of mine that I have had since I was about 12 yrs old. My heat is so wide open for India as well as orphans, I am looking forward to following your journey there!
Blessings,
Jo
http://www.xanga.com/mymeanderings
This is so beautiful, Adrienne, I don't know why, but I keep forgetting that its Orphans that you are dealing with. And every time you mention it, my heart is stricken anew with the enormity of what you are doing in India. What precious, little lives you are in daily contact with. Such a privilege and joy to be serving Christ that way.
Awesome. Special moments. What a blessing that you get to be God's instrument right now! Jesus' touch in their lives. Love you! Krista
Post a Comment