Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A touch of home

We’ve been having such a wonderful time with my parents and Audra here. It’s been great to introduce them to the boys and have them see our world as we know it.
Dad impressed the boys on Sunday morning as he “called roll.” He had memorized their names in alphabetical order. They all stood, and as he called each one they sheepishly raised their hand, smiled, and sat down. We said that if there was any boy left standing, he would receive a toffee (candy). At the end, we decided that Dad should get 44 toffees, since he memorize them all!
Mom and Audra joined me at the preschool where I read an English storybook each day. They led the song “Head and shoulders, knees and toes,” and the kids all joined in with excitement. Dad opened a dental clinic this morning and checked each boys’ teeth. It’s been so neat to see my parents and Audra just jump in to life here, and pour out their lives. They are giving guitar and art lessons, life-coaching the older boys about their futures, reading books to the little guys, teaching new games, etc.
Clay and Emma have been so happy to have a touch from home…grandparents here! They’ve enjoyed being tour guides showing Grandpa and Grandma around, as well as listening to stories and having good one-on-one time with them. My parents had loaded their suitcases to the max, and we were excited to see all the goodies they brought from home. We are so thankful to have them here. It’s like a breath of sweet, fresh air.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are all having a good time! Thanks for the pics Ade! I love seeing and hearing about what everyone is doing. Tell everyone that we said hi and are praying for you all.

Kristina

Anonymous said...

How great is our God to send your sweet Mom and Dad and dear Audra to minister with you. Loving you, praying for you, and smiling in my heart at the joy I know you all are experiencing! Love you so!
Mom Rack

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are all having a wonderful time together!!
Love,
Diane Swihart

Anonymous said...

Hey Lehmans/Racks!!!

I am so excited (and maybe almost a little bit jealous) that you are all there together!!! Thanks for putting up pictures so fast! It IS almost surreal to see Jan, Dave, and Audra in the pictures... Are you sure you didn't just "photo-shop" them in? :-)

We continue to pray for you all and almost not a day goes by that one of our kids asks something about India or Clayton and Emma. How's Clay doing? Maybe you could help your dishwasher find some antibacterial dish soap to use... ;-)

Love to you all!!

(Aunt)Martha (for the Penner gang)

doddyj said...

This blog brought tears to my eyes, Ade. I can only imagine the loneliness that threatens you at times and how awesome is God to allow you a visit from your parents and sister to remind you of the amazing blessings he provides for us, the blessings that, so often, we take for granted here, where cars and planes and cheap things get us to see family more often.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! It's so much fun to see pictures of you with your mom, dad, and sis again! Your mom looks so "right" reading to her grandbabies again!

I could just imagine the kids doing the "head and shoulders" song and how much fun they must have had. Of course if Austin had been there, he'd have taught them all his version of "I'm singin' in the rain"......:-)

I think of you all often and continue to pray for health, safety, and a great bonding time.
Love, Aunt Pat

Anonymous said...

Dearest Adrienne,

I am thrilled to see the pictures of your mom, dad and Audra there with you!! I can only imagine what a joy and comfort that must be to your heart!! :) God is so awesome and His timing is always perfect! I love you and miss you terribly! We are praying for you all and hoping Clayton is beginning to feel better!!
Lots of love, Melissa :)

Anonymous said...

It looks and sounds like the Lehman family is having a wonderful experience in India together. Give your mom my love.

Alicen