This is from Jeff's journal:
Tonight I was reading The Magician's Nephew to Clay. We are in the chapter called “The Founding of Narnia.”
"The Lion was pacing to and fro about that empty land and singing his new song. It was softer and more lilting than the song by which he had called up the stars and the sun; a gentle, rippling music. And as he walked and sang, the valley grew green with grass. It spread out from the Lion like a pool. It ran up the sides of the little hills like a wave..."
After reading part of the chapter we stopped for a minute. I said to Clayton, "What do you think about this?" He said, “The lion is God in that world.” It’s amazing how perceptive four-year-olds can be. I said, “What else do you notice?”
Clay said, “It’s the creation story. The lion created everything.”
Tears welled up in my eyes …
4 comments:
How absolutely sweet! But, come on, let's admit it, Clayton is smarter than the average "Joe". (Hey, at least I didn't say "Jeff"!) He is about the most perceptive 4 year old I know. And the cutest, too. :-)Obviously some amazing genes in that kid!
Love you!
G'ma Jan
AMAZING!!! Please tell Jeff he is one of the best dads in the world for investing in Clay's life by sharing a book of this caliber with him! What a rich foundation you are building for him!
Hi Ade,
My eyes are welling up with tears too.............. thanks so much for sharing!
Love you so much!
Mom and Grama Rack
I know Jeff loves the Narnia book and to see a child as young a Clay understand that is amazing. Thanks for the post. Love you all.
Post a Comment