Monday, February 25, 2008

Victory Ranch

Jeff spoke at a college retreat this past weekend at Victory Ranch, about 1 1/2 hrs. away. The kids were delighted to find that the ranch had a petting zoo, complete with horses, goats, ducks, roosters, sheep, cows, and even peacocks. Emma got to ride a horsie, a dream come true for her.
Clayton took a special liking to the goats, and one in particular, that he affectionately named "Emily." He literally spent hours playing in the pen, petting, feeding, and singing to her. He told me he thought she was left out from the other goats, so he wanted to be kind to her.
And, I was amazed to see a peacock in full "bloom" (not sure what you call this). Stunning! I thought about how amazing God is to bring us to this camp where our kids would absolutely LOVE being outside and with animals for hours on end. Meanwhile, Jeff and I enjoyed spending time with young adults. God seems to be confirming that this is an age group we feel called to work with. Thank you God, for knowing what we need, and for exceeding our wildest dreams!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Perfect! FBC is looking for a young adults pastor!!:) Grandparents would be happy! LOL We miss you! glad you had a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ditto!
I KNEW there was a reason I loved Kelly so much. :-)
Emma, what was your horse's name? He looks BIG, and you look BRAVE!
Clayton, that goat looks very happy to be your friend. I think she's smiling...
Love you all!
"Gamma Jan"

NotSuchACityGirl said...

HI Jeff and Ade,
I love the pic of Jeff & Emma. I miss you guys.
~Elizabeth

Candy Family said...

Jeff - you need to submit this picture to GQ in their annual "Cowboy" edition. I'm just honored to get to run with you three days/week. Jim

Unknown said...

ha ok rack you definitely are pullin off the cowboy look. i love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, Jeff, I'm thinkin you look really awesome too! I was just trying to remember what that shirt looked like the other day - very cool! Anyway, what an awesome week-end for all of you. Of course I'm in total favor of Kelly's comment as well!! Love you all! Mom and Grama Rack

Lori said...

Kelly votes, Gamma Jan votes,Grama Rack votes, so what's to decide?
Daddy Rack
P.S. I gotta cowboy hat I could send you, pardner!

Anonymous said...

Adrienne, I love how you credit God with the fact that He knows our smallest desires. I told God that I wanted to explore all outlets of Art. So far God took me to see Wicked (literally FRONT ROW SEATS and it was free) and now I'm going to the LIVE show of dancing with the stars next tuesday. There is no way I would've done these things on my own.... But I have a God who KNOWS what i love, knows what I need to be blessed and fulfilled.

:)

He's a good god isn't he. :)
btw, I really like you. :) hahaha.. I like how you have such a strong, intimate, personal and REAL relationship with God. yay!