Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Heart to heart

Yesterday we baked Valentine treats using my favorite sugar cookie recipe from Susanna.Do you remember when you were a little girl standing on a chair and helping your momma in the kitchen?
When we were almost finished, I looked down and thought, "What a beautiful mess that we had so much fun making!"

7 comments:

NotSuchACityGirl said...

I love it. The mess is worth it, when the kids have so much fun. I did it with Kaylie not long ago. I cannot wait to do it with my own kids someday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ade,
I love it, of course!! And yes, I certainly do remember helping my Mom in the kitchen -- very sweet to remember that sweet little kitchen! I also have wonderful memories of "Missy, Jeffy, and Scotty" helping me:)...and now each of my precious grandchildren! Our Christmas cookie baking is very fresh in my mind --I love looking at those pictures!!
Love you....thanks for the memories.
Mom Rack

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Susanna knows how far and wide her recipe has gone. That's the one I use, too, thanks to you, Ade. Tell the kids to put 3 cookies in the freezer for when Aunt Audi, G'ma and G'pa come to visit in a month! And WHAT is Emma doing wearing a sundress in February?! You guys must not be experiencing the windchills that we have!
XXOO
G'ma Jan

Shannon (Faith and Chocolate) said...

Hi Adrienne! Thank your for visiting my blog! I'm a little behind in returning post comments...:P
You definitely need to come to Silver Bella next year! It was soooo much fun!
You have a lovely blog! And a beautiful family! What fun baking cookies together... I haven't done that in awhile, it's about time I do it again!
Catch ya later!
Hugs,
Shannon

Jayme said...

How sweet...she looks so intent. I'll have to get that recipe!

Susanna said...

Yum, yum, yum!!! Yours look so beautiful on that plate! And Emma's sundress and bare feet makes us all jealous. :) We're looking forward to making Valentines cupcakes tomorrow (just from a mix. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Adrienne!

How precious to see Emma having such a blast! I can totally remember working with you to make the most "beautiful" sugar cookies when we were like five at your parents' house. I recall that we had quite a mess and used way too much icing. Thank goodness for your patient mother.

What great memories to last a lifetime...

Jamilyn