I made a batch this afternoon and when I was finished, I exclaimed, "Oh my word, Jeff, this made so many! What are we going to do with all of them? Give them to our neighbors?"
Clayton was listening, and he suggested, "We could give them to poor people!"
I was humbled by my son's idea. So, we all decided that would be a great thing to do with the abundance of whoopie pies. Tonight we wrapped them and took them to some people who live on the streets. We met Dennis and his wife, who were bundled up in their blankets on the sidewalk outside the courthouse.
They were grateful...but I think we were the most blessed...
Thank you God for lessons learned from a child's simple act of generosity.
5 comments:
Wow! What a great idea Clayton! God will bless you for that I know:) So....are you going to post the recipee for us all to try??? At least send it to my email please! They looked delicious.
Here's the recipe:
Cream:
2 c. Brown sugar
1 c. Veg. oil
Then add and cream:
1 1/2 c. pumpkin
2 eggs
Then add:
3 c. flour
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 t. vanilla
1 1/2 T. cinnamon
1/2 T. ginger
1/2 T. ground cloves
Drop on baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
Filling: Mix well.
1 egg white (beat stiff)
2 T. milk
1 t. vanilla
1 c. powdered sugar
Then add:
1 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. shortening
Fill cookies and refrigerate!
Adrienne, I could hardly speak to tell Dad to come read your blog, I was so touched by Clayton's response, and then the action that your little family took to carry out his suggestion! My heart is full to the brim and spilling all over the place!!!
Clayton, Grama is hugging you really tight.........can you feel it? I sure do love you, and your tender, compassionate little heart!
"Mom" and Grama Rack :)
Wow, Ade, thanks for the recipe!
"Mom"
Hey Ade, what a beautiful thing God put in Clay's heart - thanks for sharing that challenge! The recipe looks fab-u-lous!
Yes, I was really hoping to stop in LA in March!! (and I think Dawn is too :) I'll email when I know how much time we can get off so we can figure out what would work with you guys...:)
Post a Comment