Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Grove

Tonight we took Clay and Emma to The Grove, an outdoor shopping area near Beverly Hills. It was beautifully decorated for Christmas, with a real fir tree over 110 feet tall, and we enjoyed the water show to the music of Harry Connick Jr.'s "Let it Snow." When the song began, the water and lights were synchronized with it, and tiny white particles of "snow" began floating down all around us. Santa and his reindeer were "flying" above us. It was magical. :)
We even got to meet Santa, whose real-life name is "Nicholas," and was the nicest Santa Jeff or I had ever met. Our elf was Jewish, and told us she thought he was the real deal. Only in Beverly Hills... Clayton is starting to believe in Santa after tonight, and asked how reindeer fly. What have we done??? We ended the night with a trolley ride through the festive village.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Good morning Ade,
What an amazing experience! I don't think we'll be able to top that when you come home to Indiana:). I can oonly imagine what that must have been like.

RE: Santa - We always had so much fun pretending about Santa when the children were little. We put cookies and milk out for him on Christmas Eve, and the children received one present from him. But they always knew we were pretending, and it was great. I hear little children at school almost everyday wrestling with whether or not Santa is real, and it makes me sad for them. I feel like we had the best of both worlds - reality and fantasy.
Anyway, I don't know why I'm telling you this, because I'm sure you and Jeff have thought through the entire scenario and figured out a perfect response - I'm just happily reminiscing, I suppose.
See you soon. With very much love,
"Mom"

Jennifer said...

That reminds me of the year Jeff played Santa at the mall in Scranton (or was it Carbondale?) I think more BBC girls than usual went to see Santa that year... :) Anyway, he's still at the top of my Santa list :)

Love, sis