Saturday, November 24, 2007

Let the festivities begin!

Tonight we walked to Holly Street, where 30 tons of snow had been delivered earlier in the day. There were lots of people playing in it and our kids joined in on the fun. We also saw two live reindeer, went on a train ride, and got free hot chocolate.
Then Jeff, JT, and the kids went to the Pasadena Tree Lighting Ceremony, where Tommy Lasorda gave a speech and Santa Claus lit the Christmas Tree. As Tommy walked out, Jeff patted his back and said, "Merry Christmas, Coach."
Our friends called us tonight and said, "Clay was just on the news. He's a star!" Clay was on Jeff's shoulders and the cameraman must have thought it was a special father/son moment with the lighting of the tree in the background. Another big day in Pasadena.

2 comments:

Lori said...

WOW, what an exciting event that was! And Clay was even on the news! Don't you love it that they brought snow in? How "cool" is that? And the reindeer is so pretty. I bet Emma loved it!
We had a fun Thanksgiving Day here!
Today, I will be decorating the house........getting ready for you to come home for Christmas!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have another great day in Pasadena!
"Mom"

Jayme said...

I have never heard of snow being brought into an arid region like Pasadena so that kids can have a snow experience! Sounds like you brought the season in festively.