Saturday, November 10, 2007

Down the Drain

We had a bit of drama here this morning. The kids were taking a bath together and I left them alone for a few moments. I heard Clay say, "Mooo-om, Emma put the green dinosaur down the drain!" I went running, and yes, it was true, Little Greenie was no more. I reached my hand down the drain but could not find the precious toy. Clay immediately began crying and said, "Now he's going to go all the way to the ocean!"

So, we taught Emma the lesson of not putting things down the drain... Do any of you have "drain stories?"

4 comments:

Tanya said...

So sorry for Clay's loss... that's a bummer! Unfortunately, we have not had any drain issues. Of course, my girls arent that attached to any toy--they would rather be swimming, climbing, running or baking w/ mom. I hope it doesnt happen again and that you can find another one like it.
Have a great evening...tell Jeff I said hello and David(my younger brother) also says hello.

Jayme said...

Uh oh! Loss is best learned young I suppose. I probably would have turned it into an adventure story for Little Greenie so that Clay would forget about his disappointment and let his imagination take its place...

Anonymous said...

In the first year we were married, Jeremy dropped his wedding ring down the tub drain in our 1920's house on arcade ave... it turned into quite the remodeling project to get it out! :)

Jennifer said...

I don't have a strainer on my bathroom sink & my cat Oreo is constantly knocking things off the counter, just to see them fall in the drain! Tweezers, earrings, q-tips...fortunately the u-bend is right under the vanity so I can usually retrieve the goods :)