I love to see your quest for adventure as we go on hikes and you lead the way, exploring, poking things with sticks, climbing trees, finding bugs, chasing ducks, and crossing over creeks on fallen logs.
I love it how you pretend with Emma, and play Cinderella and dress up with her, but also build Legos and forts together. It makes me so happy to hear you play and laugh with each other.
I love your quest for learning as you recently asked me, "Mom, can we get more books about Science?" I love it that you have a nightly ritual with Daddy to read Chronicles of Narnia, and last week you and I started The Swiss Family Robinson.
I love your questions that challenge me, "How do we know heaven is real?" and "Who wrote the Bible?" Your bedtime prayers sometimes make me tear up as you sincerely and tenderly pray for needs around you.
It is so fun for us to watch you grow up and to help point you to Jesus. He loves you even more than we do, and He will always be with you. Happy Birthday, special boy!
10 comments:
very sweet! happy birthday to clayton...
Happy Birthday Clay! We hope you come visit your grandma soon so we can get together and play again!
We are praying for your family!
Love,
Mark, Andrea, Audrey and Adrian
Happy birthday to the WAY COOLEST 7-year-old we know! Can't wait to party down in Indy, just as soon as Momma pops your bro/sis out.
Love love love you Clayton Scott!
G'ma Jan
ah, Adrienne and Jeff...this post brought back memories...Our oldest, Scott, is 7 years older than our youngest, Luke. Bill and I both learned SOOOO much about the Lord from our children...just as you mentioned. What a blessing children are to your spiritual growth, too!! May God bless each of you as you celebrate Clay's birthday, and look forward to the birth of your third child.
Much love,
Bill & Carol Turpin
Thinking of all of you as you celebrate birthday seven with Clayton. Birthdays are special family times. Enjoy. Love you all, G'ma Marge
Oh, Adrienne, the years are flying by so quickly, aren't they! Clayton is a very special boy with a beautiful heart, and a wonderful spirit of adventure! You and Jeff are ever in my prayers as you continue to nurture him with all the love in your hearts, for the glory of God!
Thank you for sharing!
I love you, Mom Rack
Happy Birthday, Clay! The boys here were remembering your cool "worm cake" last year! :-) That was a fun party with Ashutosh. Can't wait to see you soon & celebrate! I love you!
So fun to read b/c Clay shares many of Calvin's passions in life, including good books, being outdoors, legos, playing well w/ a sister, and JESUS! Happy Birthday, Clayton!
What a sweet entry. I just loved getting to spend extra time with Clay in January, getting to know him so much better. He is very smart and thoughtful and FULL of life. You are blessed to be his mom.
Happy Birthday Clayton! From Josh and Micah
Post a Comment