Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Five

Happy Birthday, Emma Lu. You are a sweetie pie, or "Daddy's little cupcake," as he likes to whisper in your ear.

I love your giggles,

the way you make your bed in the morning because you like it to be clean with "no wrinkles,"

the way you pick out your clothes and have some amazing combinations,

the way you love to smooch babies and hold them,

how you like to help in the kitchen,

the way you hop on one foot or skip around the house,

how you love to dress up and have curlers in your hair,

and how you come downstairs smelling SO good because you used Peppermint Lotion, perfume, and lip gloss so you could be "fancy" for the day.

Daddy and I are so thankful that God gave us YOU!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I am sooooooooooooo thankful too, Emma! Great Gram and I had so much fun being with you last week on our trip to Nashville! I especially loved taking you to the ballet, celebrating with a cupcake party at Aunt Melissa's, and traveling in the car with you. You sure are good at finding Cracker Barrel signs, and wasn't it fun having TWO donuts for breakfast! Can't wait to see you again. Next time I see you, you'll be a BIG sister :).
Happy Five Emma Lu..
Grama Rack sure does love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emma! We miss having you down the street to play with.

Enjoy your wonderful day! We are praying for you.

Love,
Audrey, Andrea, Adrian and Mark

Susanna said...

God has blessed you with a precious little girl! She's going to make a great big sister. :)

Jan Lehman said...

Happy Birthday to our favorite 5-year-old!!!!! Because of you all of us get to be fancier, too! I can't wait to read some books and bake cookies with you, and walk to the library and pretzel shop.
Love you like crazy, Emma!
~Grandma Jan

Jayme said...

Hard to believe she is five, isn't it? My sister's little girl, Bronwen just turned five in April. What an intoxicating age to behold in a child as an adult. A perfect blend of little girl and budding young woman, with all of her strong inclinations and desires. She is so precious and I loved getting extra time with her too in January!

Candy Family said...

Happy Birthday Miss Emma! Can't believe you are five!

Amanda Seibert said...

happy birthday, emma lou! you make me SMILE! i love doing "tail molish" with you. can't wait to see you soon. you're going to be a great big sister!! :-)