Friday, May 21, 2010

Curb Appeal

Now that the weather is getting nicer, we've moved our projects to the outside. We're in the process of scraping and painting the house. This picture shows our three new paint colors. The color to the left of the door is our siding color (kind of a "green-grey-putty"), the trim is off-white, and we'll keep the door red, along with some red paint accents. I think it helps give the house an updated look and goes nicely with the brick front porch.

We've hired some guys to help Jeff scrape. Here's the back of the house. This is a huge job, but we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...
And the landscaping... Here's the before picture, with no plants. And the after photo: I am so proud of Jeff for designing this space! He's amazing, and he never quits, even while the projects just keep coming.

8 comments:

pammycakes said...

very very cute.......i love the house and i love what you are doing to it.....keep the pic's coming....when is that baby due?

Anonymous said...

WHOA!!!! What a gi-gundous undertaking! It's going to look so amazing when you get it all finished! I love your choice of colors for it! Speaking of "love"..can't wait for our new "baby love" to make an appearance. We're anxiously awaiting some news!!! and we're faithfully praying for all of you!
Love and more love...Mom Rack

Anonymous said...

New paint color ....... new landscaping ...... as my son Jeff would say: SWEET! Dad Rack

Susanna said...

looks awesome! love the new color scheme. praying for you tons these days!

Christine said...

Wowie! Big job, but a big difference too! It looks GREAT! You guys are doing an amazing job!
I can't wait to hear news of your new little one. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Adrienne...I love the colors you have chosen and the landscaping looks beautiful!!! It is so rewarding to do things to a home and see the before and after!! I have been thinking about you and praying for the safe delivery of your new baby!!! Love...Melissa

Melissa Ries said...

Ade - I love the paint colors you chose, and the landscaping looks great!! Love you bunches! Melissa

Emma Crist said...

Adrienne! I have absolutely LOVED looking around at your blog recently. Liz showed it to me a few months ago and now I check up pretty regularly! I love the new house. The way you furnished it is so you. I want my future house to look like this one day! I want to see it in person soon. I love reading about what's going on in the Reichanadter's lives---keep it up! Give Clay and Emma hugs for me :) Hope to see yall soon!