I let him pick out pictures to put on his bulletin board, and it was fun to see what all he chose. There are photos of him fishing with Great Gramps, working in the shop, his soccer team, his cousins, etc. It's neat to see what's important to him.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Repurposing
I love to find new ways to use old things. Last summer I drove by an outdoor auction when it was all finished. The "left-overs" that no one wanted were waiting on the side of the road. Since they were free, I decided to snatch them up!
The old Pepsi crate becomes a tray in our bedroom.
This vintage stop sign acts as wall art in Clay's room. (The other day, he said, "Dad, it says stop on the wall. What should I stop?" We answered, "Fighting with your sister!")
I let him pick out pictures to put on his bulletin board, and it was fun to see what all he chose. There are photos of him fishing with Great Gramps, working in the shop, his soccer team, his cousins, etc. It's neat to see what's important to him.
And this was used as a bicycle basket many days ago. It now holds towels, soaps, and tissue in our bathroom. The little wooden box holds wash cloths.
I let him pick out pictures to put on his bulletin board, and it was fun to see what all he chose. There are photos of him fishing with Great Gramps, working in the shop, his soccer team, his cousins, etc. It's neat to see what's important to him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Your Great Grandmother Frieda Banman would be OH SO PROUD of you (in her Mennonite humility, of course!). You have such a gift for making a treasure out of someone else's "rejects"; I'm sure there's a spiritual lesson here. Love you, Adrienne!
Love it, love it, love it!
Love it, love it, love it!
Adrienne,
I thought the decorations you got are awesome! I loved the stop sign and wanted to share something with you. A lady spoke in MOPS on Wed and talked about self image and how we often have bad thoughts come in our minds or hear negative things from others. She encouraged us to us an acronym for the word STOP:
Spot it (the false statement)
Tell it No (refuse to listen to it)
Offer New Thoughts (tell yourself the truth about who you are from God's Word)
Practice - remind self of truth over and over until you believe it).
Just thought I would share. We often have to teach our kids to "truth talk" themselves and I thought your Stop sign was perfect!
In Christ,
Adrianne Storr
love your decorations!! you should have your own magazine. :)
I love your style....this summer I think the Blacks should come to the Children's Museum and stay with you. Don't you love how I'm inviting us over?!? I wonder how the kids would do together? Good, I think! I mean they have such great parents :)
Post a Comment