Saturday, April 18, 2009

Swim

Ahhhh. Cool fresh water. The highlight of the boys’ day is to get a break from the heat and go for an afternoon swim. The water in the pool is used all week and then drained to irrigate the gardens each Saturday.

We’ve been giving swim lessons to the little boys and it’s been so fun to watch them learn with excitement! It makes me laugh to be in there with 30 boys jumping, splashing and yelling. It’s pretty much mass chaos. One other volunteer brought a huge floaty for them to play with. They had never seen anything like it.

Even the smaller ones who don’t know how to swim are too brave for their own good. So when one jumps in, I have to yell, “That’s Abdulla! Does he know how to swim?” And then I rush over and save him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, so sweet. I wish I could have stayed a few weeks longer to give swimming lessons and play "Marco Polo" with them. How wonderful to have that refreshing pool of water after a long day's work harvesting wheat!
Love you!
Mom Lehman

Eric and Melissa said...

Wow! I never expected you would have a pool there!!! What a great blessing. It looks like Clayton and Emma were having lots of fun. :)

Love you lots!!!!!!
Melissa