
We are on Day 12 of wheat harvest. Jeff and I have joked that this has been like a 12 day wilderness trip. He gets up at 5:30 a.m. to cut and gather wheat with the boys from 4th grade and up. Then after school in the afternoons I help “manage” a rowdy group of 5-12 year olds as we glean the wheat fields.

I’m so proud of Jeff and how he has just worked right alongside these guys. They jokingly call him “Captain” because he cuts so quickly and works so hard. They can’t believe that this is his first wheat harvest ever. He has kind of taken the William Wallace “Braveheart” approach to rally the troops. The boys love him and his zeal! Here he is carrying a load of wheat on his head, Indian style. And here is Little Ratan…following in Jeff’s footsteps.

These boys have worked so hard. We’re so proud of them. Wheat harvest is almost over. Ahhh.
1 comment:
DAY TWELVE??? In case you have trouble getting a job when you return (which you won't) I would be happy to write a recommendation for you to a Kansas wheat farmer who needs help in July. The heat will remind you of India. On a more serious note, I am mighty proud of all of you and the adjustment you have made to your environment there. PTL for Clayton's comments. I am looking forward to seeing all of you in five weeks. How they all will miss you in India! G'ma Marge
Post a Comment