This is the automobile we use for transportation. It smells like diesel, is piping hot, always filled with flies, and has a hole in the front floor that lets you see the road as you’re driving. One of these days when I slam the door shut, I fear it will fall off it’s hinges. Whenever we get in, I smile and think, "I wonder what kind of adventure we'll get ourselves into today?"Our kids get giddy when we go for a ride to town. I think they love the freedom of no car seats and that they get to ride next to Daddy up front, with no seat belts. Bumpity, bump, chuggeda bang…we bounce along the roads, swerving for cows, school children, oncoming traffic, and women walking with water jugs on their heads.
Jeff is so brave to drive in Indian traffic, and we have done so the past few weeks in order to go to the nearest town to use the internet cafĂ© and buy some fruit at the market. Recently when we were bumping along on the dirt road, Clayton exclaimed with glee, “I love India! I never want to leave!” He has come full circle from when we came and he cried saying he wanted to go home to the States... and now this! We are all going to miss India when we leave in 5 weeks.
5 comments:
Praise the Lord for Clay's excitement for India! What a little blessing!
Five weeks?? That's amazing. Time is flying...I haven't been on your blog in weeks, I think. I loved reading about your Easter and the wheat harvest. And its wonderful to hear that Clay is doing so much better. Love you!
Hey girl! It's been a while since I have written...sorry about that. It doesn't mean I haven't thought of you and prayed for you! I can't believe only 5 weeks left. Selfishly, I am excited but know you probably have so much more you want to do while your there! So glad to hear Clay is doing so well. God has sure answered our prayers on that! Love you and will write more in weeks to come:)
Sure glad Clay is enjoying it! That's quite a change!
Austin
Hi Ade!! I love the picture and description of the vehicle you drive!!! Clayton looks pretty proud standing next to it! ;)
I love you so much!!! Can hardly wait to see you all! :)
Love and prayers,
Melissa
Post a Comment