Saturday, April 11, 2009

It is good

The boys here work hard a few hours each day. They work in the fields, weeding, planting, watering, gathering food from the garden, picking up rocks, hauling leaves, etc. I counted about 14 of them in this tractor the other day.

Recently we rode in it with them after clearing a huge pile of leaves. They were laughing, yelling, and jumping around in the leaves. I felt like we were on a hay ride. As we bounced along, I looked over at Sumit (age 10) sitting next to me, and he said in his Indian accent, “Eet ees goot.” I looked up at the blue sky, felt the wind in my face, and saw Nanda throw some leaves up in the air. Yes, it is good, Sumit. Good to work hard, and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Watching them makes me want my kids to grow up with the same hard work ethic and to take pride in their work.

No comments: