My Mom, known to the boys as “Jan-Mam,” has been a shining star here. For the past 3 ½ weeks, she has braved the spicy Indian food, bucket baths, kitchen cockroaches, fruit-flies, lizards, and even a cobra. While here, she took on many roles…She stitched up countless holes in these active boys’ clothing, read hundreds of storybooks, went on a "shopping trip" with Amanda and me,
was puppeteer for the preschool, threw Frisbees, taught boys how to play Skip-bo, and applied Vaseline on the toughened feet of the little ones at bedtime. She taught Sumit how to knit dishrags.
He was so proud of his accomplishment.
She lived with Amanda and this house full of adventurous and silly boys. (L to R: Anshuman, Avinash, Rahul, Ashutosh, Abdulla, Ajay, Miraj, and Ashish.)
Mom, what a full month we had! I'm so happy to call you my Mom. Thank you for your gift of time and love. I believe it will have eternal rewards. “What you’ve done unto the least of these, you’ve done unto Me.” (Jesus)
7 comments:
What an amazing blessing you have all shared together!! I can hardly wait to have coffee with your mom and hear first hand about all of her adventures...and to listen to her heart regarding what she has experienced! Love you, Ade...love you, love you, love you! Mom Rack
aww, I just talked to mom-she's back safe! they were on their way home. but she had many more eventful stories to tell! sounds like a great month together. miss you!
love, aud
Ade --
After my own mother, (and I don't think she could teach anyone to knit or deal with a cobra) you have the most precious mother. I can easily picture her doing all the things you mentioned. Thanks for sharing this!
-Kate
Hey Adrienne,
It's Melanie from Bermuda :) I found you on here through facebook and am so excited for you and your family. I think it's amazing that you made the move with your kids - it's powerful and what a way for them to learn of their parents love for God!
Hope all is well with you and the family!
~Melanie
I can't belive it has been a month since she got there! Time is flying here...is it there? Scott and I think of you guys often and can't wait to be with you and hear all God has taught you and used you to do. Thanks for your posts!
Adrienne, I love your blog. I am choked up everytime I read it. I am so inspired by your journey that it leaves me excited for the next post I get to read. I am praying for your family's health (Clay's tummy) and I think you are the perfect "mam" for those sweet little boys who desperately need "mom love". Thanks for sharing on here. Love, Kate
Aren't moms the absolute best?!!!! I don't know what we'd do without our moms. Makes me appreciate mine so much more when I realize all your "boys" go without a mom. So glad you can give them some mom love that they so need.
Post a Comment