Monday, April 7, 2008

Big Sur, CA

The Greatest Meeting of Land and Sea
Mom Rack was visiting us this weekend, and we all drove 4 hours north to the beautiful region of Big Sur. We drove past one of the biggest cities in the country, through the rolling green mountains covered in poppies, and onto the Pacific Coast Highway next to the vast ocean. We saw redwoods, creeks, waterfalls, beaches, rocky cliffs, deer, a coyote, seals, and sunsets. We kept saying, "Wow, it's so beautiful..." but all our words seemed insufficient to express the magnitude of it. Often we were just speechless. We came home with an empty tank of gas, filled camera cards, and filled in our souls at the measure of beauty we saw of God's creation. One of our favorite views was this waterfall (above) flowing into the ocean. We had a picnic lunch here.
Keep close to Nature's heart...and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean. --John Muir

5 comments:

NotSuchACityGirl said...

It looks BEAUTIFUL, and I bet the pictures don't even come close.

Jayme said...

Scott and I were just talking about John Muir last night. We were thinking about you and your visit this weekend. Hope it was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS pictures! So glad you had a great time, and we can't wait to hear more about it. Unbelievably majestic! I wonder if God got "overtime pay" on that particular creation? Those are the places you have to mentally capture, so you can go back there in your mind when you are stressed with the hectic everyday-ness of life. Did you actually camp?
Love you,
Mom Lehman

Candy Family said...

AWEsome!

Lori said...

Oh my goodness, Adrienne, were we really just there? I'm amazed that we were taking up our tents just one week ago today. I still cannot get over the unbelievable beauty of it all. I have loved journaling about it all this week Every little detail warms me all over! I sure do miss the four of you LIKE CRAZY!
I love you, Mom Rack