Wednesday, April 23, 2008

All things vintage

Do you have little places in your home that when you look at them, they just make you smile? In our bedroom, there's a chandelier and old pink door that do just that for me. Our apartment was built about 100 years ago, and there are still some bits of character left. I love these crystal door knobs and the subway tile in our bathroom (even though it will never be "bright white" again...).
I also appreciate our crown moulding. I wonder who else lived here and noticed these details.

8 comments:

Jayme said...

I love your thoughts about your apartment, appreciating it for its age and wondering who else has lived there. I did the same thing in Chicago, although it was much easier to appreciate than our apartment now...I hope I get to see it some time soon!

Candy Family said...

I love the crown molding too!!! :)
Karin

Anonymous said...

Ade, you make me smile! I love your wonderful appreciation of an old apartment....looking at the beauty and character of it (instead of focusing on the naked water heater in the kitchen) You bless my heart so much!
Mom Rack

Kelly said...

Only you and I would appreciate those beauties:) God knew you would see charm in those:) I miss you my friend!

Candy Family said...

Ade-

After I published my last comment, I realized that I left the u out of moulding. Which then gave Jim and I a giggle about our apartment having crown moldings..all around our bath tub ;). Now, I'm looking for the beauty around our apartment, like in the bubbles of a bubble bath or my kids splashing in the bathwater. Thanks for reminding me to look for the beauty in things.
Karin

Brittani Renee said...

March1

Thanks for the kind words! Hope you and your family are doing well.
-b

Brittani Renee said...

Sorry its case sensitive. march1

Brittani Renee said...

Thank you very much! Its something I enjoy and I'm glad it felt as though you were there! I try.
I'll do family photos- I've always wanted to go to Cali ;)