
This spring we've had many guests in our apartment, and have enjoyed practicing our "hospitality skills." One thing I've done is to have a basket of goodies in our bedroom. I keep it stocked with lotions, water, granola bars, cotton swabs, a book called "Breathe, Creating Space for God in a hectic life" and some brochures of fun things to do in Pasadena. I got the idea from a Country Living magazine.
What do you do when you have guests come to stay?
9 comments:
Hey Ade! Love reading your blog:-) My mom does the same thing when guests come to stay in our guest apartment..it's normally my college girlfriends so she keeps it stocked with lots of practical "feminine" things:-) and fun trial size bath and body products for them to take home. I love your basket! The travel brochures and bottled water totally make the package! You are so creative at everything you do! Hope all is well. Miss you!
I wish you were making one for me! I miss you girl!
I pray that my children won't walk in on our guests in the bathroom!!!! Just kidding. Great idea for hospitality.
elizabeth, did you mean MY guest apartment? i don't recall any feminine products....
hey ade, beautiful basket! can't wait to make use of it in may!! :) i splurged on new fluffy black & white towels for my aqua bathroom - i got the idea from lori who always has the softest towels when i come to stay :)
Hi Ade,
Make sure that my basket is on the COUCH this Thursday night, okay? I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it! Love you so much,
Mom Rack
Hey Adrienne,
One of the blogs I read had this post today and I thought of your hospitality post. They're doing a contest of ideas....
http://www.hostessblog.com/2008/04/simply-stated-be-my-guest.html
Katie
I love this idea...unfortunately, people want to visit California much more than they do Boston :o)
Oh, Adrienne!! What an amazingly cool idea! I think, in honor of you, I'll use the wonderful basket you left for us with fruit in it, and stock it for our basement. Sorry it wasn't here when you were, but...better late than never!! Thanks for the idea!!
Post a Comment