Wednesday, March 26, 2008

No training wheels

Today we took Clay to the Rose Bowl to learn to ride his bike. Jeff ran alongside him, and Emma chased after them. I came last...running to try to get a picture. I'm sure we looked funny to any passerbyers.
A Clayton-style celebration! He was able to ride without Jeff holding on, but his bike is still a bit big for him, so it's hard to stop since his feet can't touch the ground.
Emmy is waiting for the day when she can ride a bike too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Clayton! That is awesome, and we are SO PROUD of you! Now, when you come to Indiana this summer, you and Grandpa Dave can go on a REALLY LONG bike ride! And maybe in a few years you can join him and Aunt Audra and Aunt Amanda on one of their "one way with the wind" bike rides. I'll come pick you up. We love you, bud!
"Gramma Jan"

NotSuchACityGirl said...

That is great I remember when my parents taught me to ride my bike it was the greatest felling in the world.

Heather said...

How fun! I remember "teaching" Shane how to ride his bike when he was 3. It was me pushing Shane on his bike that we cleverly took the training wheels off by ourself (not sure how that happened actually). I pushed behind him on the road told him to "just pedal really fast". We never really thought about stopping or that there wasn't really any soft spot to fall down on. Oh well. Shane is still alive with minimal scarring and as far as I know doesn't have any fears of riding a bike. haha

Anyway, good job Clay!

Sarah said...

Oh Fun! Such a milestone! Also..my daughter has that blue tank top!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Candy Family said...

Way to go Clayton!!! We are proud of you! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Anonymous said...

YAY! Josh will be so excited to hear that Clayton learned to ride his bike the same day he did. :)

Love the Farquhars

Anonymous said...

Hurray for CLAY!
Is that the bike we fixed up for him for his birthday last year? I was so hoping it would be "just right" this year! We're proud of you, Big Guy! Keep practicing so you can show me when I come to see you next week, okay?
Love you, little buddy!
Grama Rack

Anonymous said...

Wow, buddy, you looked really cool cruisin' on your bike. It looked like you were having lots of fun. Wish I could have been there!
Love ya, Grandpa Rack