Monday, October 29, 2007

It's that time of year

I've spent part of today making Christmas cards for a boutique called LulaMae in Pasadena. (Take the store tour online.) Christmas sales begin Nov.3 so that's my deadline. Of course, my dining room table is a mess with paper, glitter, lace, ribbons, glue, and buttons. I try to design the cards to look "vintage"or "shabby." Cardmaking has been a fun hobby that's turned into a little sales venture... and it all began when my dad saw the cards and told me to go for it! Thanks, Dad. :)

5 comments:

Lori said...

Adrienne,
I LOVE your cards!!!!!!!!! (I did a good job of picking out some fun papers, and YOU did an OUTSTANDING job of coordinating them!! Now, I want to buy some of your Christmas cards too :) I'm already thinking of who I will send the ones I have to...they're so pretty and special!
I'm glad you had a fun day being creative!
"Mom"

Jayme said...

They're beautiful! How did your first batch fare? The shop owner must like you if she placed another order!!

Kelly said...

They look beautiful! I am sure they will sell quickly! Hope you had fun making them!

katie lynn said...

Adrienne, I love the cards. I love making cards too and do it often for showers and gifts. How did you get involved with selling them? I'd like to try and do something like that on the east cost. I'd love your input!

This is Katie (Geshay) Hall by the way :) I saw your blog through carrie's blog!

Hope you're well!

Katy said...

We took a vacation to Southern California 4 years ago with the Billmans and I remember going into that shop with Cath. We loved it, too. We also have friends that live in Pasadena and we try to get out to see them about once a year. If we get out there, we'll be sure to look you up!