Tuesday, October 9, 2007

In This Place

"We bow down, and confess You are Lord in this place."

Those were the words to a song we sang at The Junction on Sunday. As someone prayed later, "You are Lord in THIS place, but You are also Lord in every place." That hit me. Even though the restaurant I work at can be a tough, or dark work environment with not many Christians, Jesus is still Lord, and He's seated on The Throne. He is Lord in that place, even if people there don't know it.

I hope you're blessed by this like I was today when I read it: "As I looked, thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze..." (Dan. 7:9). Beth Moore says, "When God has to go somewhere, He never leaves His throne (because it has wheels on it!)." It's like a chariot throne.

Wherever you are this week, may you know that He is Lord, and He is always on the throne.

3 comments:

Jayme said...

This is beautiful, Adrienne. I crave these reminders as I am in such a godless environment every day. It can feel very lonely and the imagery here is rich enough to fill that void. Thanks for sharing.

I wish I could visit your apartment too :o( We did paint, but we pretty much stayed with the color it was before...

Lori said...

Good morning Adrienne,
Beautiful, beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I don't know the name of the song we sang a couple of Sundays ago, but the words remind me of your comments.
You are God alone
Since before time began
You are on the throne; you are God alone
You're unshakable, unchangeable, unstoppable, that's what you are.
You are God alone.
Powerful.
Love you, and thank you,
"Mom"

Christine said...

What a beautiful and faithful God we serve! Thanks for the reminder, Adrienne.