Thursday, October 4, 2007

It is fall, isn't it?

Today, wearing my tank top in 86 degree weather, I got out our fall decorations and put some pumpkins on our dining room table. I had just bought them from the grocery store, so they still had stickers on them. Clay proceeded to take off the stickers and throw them away. He said, "I'm just taking off their name tags."

Earlier this week, I baked an acorn squash with apples, walnuts, and brown sugar...yum. The kids were very interested in scooping out the seeds. Clayton decided he really wanted to plant one of the seeds in the courtyard near our house. So, he took it outside and dumped some dirt on it. I assured him that someday when we have a yard, we'll plant special things like that!

1 comment:

Jayme said...

What a gorgeous centerpiece! Does a virtually season-less part of the country still put out fun decorations like these?