Monday, May 21, 2012

Seven

Emma Natalie turned seven on Friday (May 18).  Her school happened to have their "Spring Fling" parade that night, and this was her attire as the "Queen of Hearts." All of the kindergartners had to dress up like nursery rhyme characters and recite their poems in front of the class.  This outfit is a complete "Emma" one!  She makes me smile with how she puts things together...red shoes, curly hair side pony-tail, and the heart belt. 

Emma still loves to be fancy on the outside, but inside she has a soft heart toward babies and animals, and people who are poor or hurting.  Last weekend we were in a major traffic jam because of a horrible car accident in KY, and we later found out that a 5 year old boy had died.  That night at bedtime, Emma prayed, "God, please help that little boy to like heaven."  The next day at school, we found out that same boy was a Pre-K student at Em's school and one who liked to chase her on the playground.  I have seen her sensitive heart come out so much even this week as it relates to that incident.

Emmie Lou, can't believe we've already had 7 years with you.  You are growing up into such a young lady.  I love to see you take care of Hudson, wrestle with the boys, lead us on hikes down mountains, and laugh hard. You're pretty sly when you put on a little bit of perfume before church, but I can always smell it... I love the questions you ask about life and God, and the way you seek justice (like when you're given 2 pieces of candy at school, you always bring the other one home for Clay). We're so glad God gave us you! You are a little ray of sunshine in our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even while we were all waiting for four hours to go ten miles in that traffic standstill, she was so patient and so concerned about who was hurt or maybe even died. She is quite a girl and I love her like crazy!!!!!!Grama Rack

Anonymous said...

Emma, I thought about you so much today while we were driving through the mountains on our way home! I miss you and can't wait to see you THIS WEEK! All your brothers here said happy birthday! I love you Emmie. Dad