Thursday, September 24, 2009

Apples

Today we went with Mom to a neighbor's house who let us pick as many apples as we wanted for free. So, this afternoon Emma washed the apples, I cut them, and Mom made applesauce. And I made an apple pie. We love this time of year! "Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile."
--William Cullen Bryant

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! So I get to be a part of your "better than life" posts! We sure do love having you guys around, and that apple pie was SUPERB!
XXOO Gramma Jan

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing some of those apples with us :). I'll do something delicious with them this week!!1
Love you so much!!
Grama Rack

Amanda Seibert said...

mmm... i just got some apples here this week, and nibha gave me some caramel toffees (so good, like the ones mom gets for all the dentists at Christmas), so we brought some along for a perfect fall treat on our hike up to mussouri this weekend AND to celebrate the official beginning of fall! yum! great talking with you last weekend. hope you have fun in chicago! love you!

Jennifer said...

i love this time of year too, when the nights get as crisp as the apples!

thanks for the pics of your east coast tour! thinking of you guys & praying for you as you wait on God.

love, jen

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here at the computer salivating! I got an idea! I have a church meeting at my house Tuesday night. Yes. I'll serve apple pie. Good to have you near--for now. G'm Marge

Anonymous said...

Adrienne, I LOVE your photography!! You're naturally good at it. And thanks for letting me tag along on your journey of life via blog. :)

You're such a blessing and an inspiration!