Saturday, May 2, 2009

The One and Only you

At Anshuman’s birthday party recently, I read this book aloud called “On the Night You Were Born.” I almost got teary reading it to him because my heart breaks that he couldn’t be with his mother and father on his birthday. Here are some of the sweet words of the story:
On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered, “Life will never be the same.” Because there had never been anyone like you…ever in the world… For never before in story or rhyme (not even once upon a time) has the world ever known a you, my friend, and it never will, not ever again.

Whenever I read this book to the boys, I try to talk about how they must have looked when they were born and how I’m sure their Mommy was so happy to see her little baby boy. I want them to know they are unique, they are special, and that God loves them to the moon and back!
May you also know today and always that your Papa God is crazy about you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Anshuman! I miss you and wish I could have been there to sing, "Many girlfriends to you..." for the traditional second verse. I hope you are still playing a lot of Skip-Bo. I can't wait to come back for a visit. You are so special to me!
Love and hand rubs,
"Jan Ma'am"

Anonymous said...

Awwww...that's the book I gave Jeff for his birthday, isn't it! How perfect for the boys. I love that you are reading it to them, Ade!! Once again, from the bottom of my heart, Thank you for sharing!!!
Love you, Mom Rack