Saturday, September 6, 2008

Carmel-by-the-sea

On our way home from San Francisco, we stopped at this charming town along the coast. This is an actual tea room, but doesn't it look like something from a fairy tale?
This home was appropriately titled "Hansel and Gretel."
I loved the architecture and attention to small details in these homes.
There were roses made of books in the Anthropologie store window. How creative!
While we were out walking, someone handed us coupons for kids to make a free pizza at a little Italian restaurant. We decided to check it out for dinner that night. Since the place was pretty empty, Jeff and Emma had a date at one table, and Clay was with me at another.

5 comments:

pammycakes said...

you guys are the neatest family...i just love reading your adventures!!!

NotSuchACityGirl said...

I love it. The pictures are great. miss you all. Love,
~Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, Ade. If we had driven up to Carmel when I was with you at Big Sur, I would've had to have had a cup of tea at that Tea Room!!
So enchanting!!! Once again, thank you for sharing your journey with us!
So much love,
Mom Rack

Anonymous said...

Such cool pictures, Adrienne! Thank you for sharing. Clayton and Emma, you are ON for helping me make a pizza next time. I seem to have lost my "pepperoni lady".
Lots of Love,
G'ma Jan

Anonymous said...

Adrienne, I love the Halloween pictures and all your fall decorating pictures too! :) The cinderella carriage is the best! I love you bunches! Can you believe we will be together for Christmas in 45 days??? :)
love and prayers,

Melissa