
Big Sur, CA is one of our family's favorite spots to visit. The beauty of the mountains and the ocean come together in such a majestic way. We camped there for two nights at the end of our Labor Day weekend.

Here's our little tent nestled in a redwood grove, next to a trickling stream. It was soothing to hear the water at night as we fell asleep. That little stream leads to the ocean, where...

Jeff and Clay played a game by standing on this rock and trying to stay away from the waves. On several occasions, the water splashed up and got them soaked.

The kids were adventurous rock climbers with Daddy as their spotter.

We passed Gorda, CA--Home of the most expensive gas in the USA. Fortunately, we still had a full tank, so we didn't have to fill up at $6.20/gallon.

I couldn't get enough of the views on our drive home on the scenic Pacific Coast Highway 1. As we drove, we listened to this song by Bebo Norman:
I will lift my eyes to the Maker
of the mountains I can't climb
I will lift my eyes to the Calmer
of the oceans raging wild
I will lift my eyes to the Healer
of the hurts I hold inside
I will lift my eyes...to You
2 comments:
Wow, Ade. What precious memories I have of sharing a similiar adventure with all of you. One of my favorite memories was of the children running ahead of us, hiding in or behind those great trees and "scaring" us. I love to linger over that week-end of memories!!!
Mom Rack
i left cali 2 years ago and there isn't a day that goes by that i don't miss it....thanks for sharing in pictures, the place i love the most! it helps replace the sadness with smiles.
Post a Comment