My first clue that trouble was brewing should have been when she asked, "Mommy, where are my scissors?"
"Em, no scissors. Not right now. Go play." Silence followed for a few minutes, as Clay and I read on.
Soon she bounced out to us and announced, "I cut my hair with a scissors." Uh-oh. I followed a trail of hair to Clayton's desk in the corner of the bedroom, where I found this pile.
Me: (dumbfounded, trying to remain composed) "Why did you do this?"
Emma: (matter-of-factly) "Because I want to look like Clay" (who just had a big haircut this week).
Clay: "But Emma, no one would recognize you!"
Fortunately, her hair was in a pony tail, so she kind of layered and thinned it. Amazingly, when it's all down you can hardly tell, except for some new "whispies" on the side of her face.
Doesn't every mom have a story like this one? AAGGGHHHHH! What's your latest hairy situation?
7 comments:
Oh my! I saw that title on my reader and I cringed. I was sure that it referred to Emma's hair...which is so pretty! I'm glad that it's not noticable. The picture is great. As is Clayton's response!
Our recent (literal) hairy situation occurred the other day when E decided that she would use a pizza as a pillow. Yuck. Where do kids get these ideas?
I can't believe that there's that much hair on the cushion and you can hardly notice it gone on her head! You should ask Martha and Patty about their haircuts from their big sister. I gave them "shags" in the 70's, and acted like I knew what I was doing. Poor girls. Of course they were cute enough that they could pull anything off.
Em, I'd still love you if you were bald!
~G'ma Jan
i just got a 2008 pixie.....much cuter than when my dad gave me one in first grade.....while my mom was at a missionary meeting!!!
Emmy Lu-lu, what to do with you? Just love you and love you
and love you s'more
that's what to do...and I do!!!
Grama Rack
it's been fun to catch up tonight on all your adventures of the past 2 weeks!
oh man...I gave myself a haircut on Easter Sunday when I was five and the family (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents) had a family picture after church. I had cut my bangs OFF, to the scalp and my sides, above the ears...HA! Good times...
I'm holding my breath and waiting... I'm sure it is coming.
Post a Comment