Monday, August 18, 2008

No training wheels--for good!


Last night Clay learned to ride his bike, in his words, "in a flash!" Jeff had worked with him in April, but because he couldn't quite touch the ground, it was hard to stop. These past two weeks, he's ridden almost every day and was getting quite comfortable. This time was so different. He literally just took off without Jeff needing to run behind him and hold on to the seat. He was so excited! I was laughing watching him. It didn't come without a few little falls though...
After this scrape, he told me, "Mom, I didn't even cry!" Notice the glasses. I told him he probably didn't need those, because it wasn't super sunny or bright. He said, "Mom, they're my BUG SHIELD." "Oh."
And then there's Little Sis. She must have been feeling neglected since we were cheering for Clay, so she had several "on purpose" falls off this trike. She'd yell, "Hey Dad. Excuse me! Daddy, look at me. I'm falling!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Clay! You are one brave dude ............ and you got the Bug Shield going on too! Congratulations on your ride, buddy.
And Emma, watch those tricycle spills, they can be sooooooo scary! Love - Grandpa Rack

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo for you Clay! I can't wait to watch you when I come out to visit in October!!! You sure do look awesome, Buddy!
Em, you'll be riding that bike before we know it! You're such a big girl!!!
Love you both so much,
Grammy :)

Candy Family said...

Yeah! Way to go Clayton! Riding your bike! Josh says, you're lightning fast! We are so excited for you.

Anonymous said...

Clayton, you are AMAZING! And you look so grown up with that helmet on! Maybe you need elbow and knee pads, like Aunt Audi used to have. We're just sure "L'il Sis" is totally thrilled for you, on the inside...
Sure love you, bud!
Gramma Jan & Grandpa Dave

Dr Hyser said...

I can't believe Clay is already old enough to be riding a bike w/ no training wheels! :)