Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Best of Little Eden

Appropriately named "Hearts Desire,"our quaint log cabin had a trickling brook winding around in front of it. We slept 11 people there between the two bedrooms and loft. I wouldn't want it any other way. It provided great family bonding through late night games and talks.

Grandpa Dave and Clay proudly show the wooden boat they made for the annual boat race.
Grandma Jan and Emma smile as their wild tube ride begins. This is the pier we've stood on to watch many sunsets...one of my favorite places in the world. Supreme S'mores...Fudge stripe cookies and a Reeses cup... Gooey, rich goodness!
Fireworks over Lake Michigan end a perfect day.

2 comments:

Jayme said...

Sounds just wonderful, Ade. I wish this is something my family could do annually. Although we see each other often throughout the year, there's something extra special about staying under one roof for an intensive week of fun together....You are so blessed!

And I'm going to have to try that s'mores, because I generally do not like them otherwise! Love that shot on the pier...Lake Michigan will always have a very special place in my heart too.

Anonymous said...

Adrienne, your pictures are beautiful (again!). The week seemed almost magical, with gorgeous weather (the only thunderstorm coming during the night on Tuesday--so glad David remembered to cover the boat that night!), winning the volleyball tournament, and such fun family times! Now, if we can just get dramatic Emma to ENJOY fireworks...
Love you!
Mom Lehman