Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Monday

This morning I was working at the desk when Jeff came up behind me and said, "I love you." I turned around to see a huge bundle of roses in his arms. As he was walking to the library earlier, he noticed the campus rose bushes were being trimmed, and the man said he could have the clippings. So, he brought them to me because he knows how much I love having fresh flowers in the house, and roses are my favorite!

As I was clipping them, the kids yelled, "Mom, look!" And there was this little guy standing on our grocery bag. They were in awe to have a creature like this in the house, and wondered how in the world he got there and what we should do with him.
Clay wanted to cut his legs off with his new scissors so he wouldn't run away. Emma wanted to keep her as a pet and name her "Olivia." I voted for the least harmful and chose to carefully let our stranger go outside.

5 comments:

Susanna said...

I love this post! I just told Dan I so wish you were our neighbors - I know our kids would be crazy good friends! (And you already know that we love you and Jeff.) Glad you had a great Monday. :)

Candy Family said...

So fun! Cool praying mantis!

Anonymous said...

That's one of my favorite entries, Ade! It really makes me smile all over! (Jeff, thanks for being so thoughtful, and for providing so much excitement for your little family!) Love you and miss you all soooooooooooooooooo much!!!
Ade, I love your turquoise canning jars with the white roses - perfect!
Mom Rack

Christine said...

That's just wonderful! How sweet of him to think of you. The suggestion of cutting his legs off made me laugh! That's something I've never heard from my girly girls. It reminded me of my beloved brother so many years ago, pulling the legs off a grasshopper as I yelled at him and ran away in tears...;)

Amanda Seibert said...

haha, so funny the difference between boys and girls! :-) can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!