Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Chocolatey kind of Day

Yesterday I made Jeff's grandma's recipe "Brown Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies." On the back of the recipe, she wrote:

"When I married Gramps at 15 years old, Grandma Otto gave me this recipe, because it was one of my husband's favorites. I've baked these cookies forever and Jeff grew up eating them. Enjoy baking them for him, as I have enjoyed making them for Gramps."

Thanks, Grandma. Clayton's words after eating a cookie sum it up: "This just makes your heart race. It's like magic."

7 comments:

NotSuchACityGirl said...

a family recipe that sounds so fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Ade, that's just the "sweetest" blog entry ever -- especially Clayton's comments. Dad said, "Where does he come up with those comments?". I said, "He's just very very special!" We made a copy of it to give to Gram on Mother's Day :).
Love you so much!
Mom Rack

{IN}-Sight Ministries said...

So, will you share the recipie? I am always up for a great chocolate chip cookie!!
Hope all is well with you guys.
sarae

Candy Family said...

Can you send a plate with Jeff on his run tomorrow morning? :) Jim and Karin

Christine said...

They look very yummy. And Clayton's comment is precious.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ade, I am at Lori and Carl's. They showed me your Blog on Gramps
favorite chocolate cookies and it
made me wish you were here so I could make you all some. Hope you are enjoying a Great Mother's Day, I am !!!!!!!! Sure do miss all of you and will be glad when you are here this summer. God bless you all. I still bless the day I
married Gramps. Love, GRAM

Jayme said...

Kids do seem to capture the most perfect sentiments...what a cutie; I'm going to have to make some for Scott!