Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Detective

Clay has been interested in reading detective books lately, and decided to start his own business. His handwritten papers and signs make me smile. So far, he's 2 for 2 in solving his cases. Whenever he and Emma lose things (such as a walkie-talkie or silly band), he writes them down. Then they go looking, and he makes an x over it when it's found. Sounds easy enough, huh? So, if you lose something and need a detective, look no further. Clayton to the rescue!

5 comments:

Melody said...

Tell Clayton I could really use his help. I lost the key to our car INSIDE the car a couple weeks ago and despite my searching have not been able to locate it. Let me know if he has any leads:)

Melissa Ries said...

I LOVE IT!!! I'm going to show Hunter and Zachary the picture and see if they want to become detectives too! :) Love you all bunches! Melissa

Melissa Ries said...

P.S. Has Clayton read Nate the Great??? Hunter did a book report on it one time and really liked it! :)

Lots of Love and Hugs!!!!!

Joanna said...

Our kids love mysteries and we just bought a series for homeschool this year called "Concord Cunningham, Scripture Sleuth." Our kids LOVE it. He uses scripture to solve mysteries. The kids have to look up the verse at the end of the chapter for a clue to help solve the mystery. I've been reading on Sunday nights to the first and second graders and they all LOVE hearing them too. We got them through BJU press. Glad you've got some detectives on the missing items case. :) Maybe we should start our own agency here as well. :) Joanna

Anonymous said...

Clayton, I just might have a mystery for you to solve when you come to our house. I can't find one of my hammers. Hope you can help! Grandpa Rack