Monday, February 15, 2010

Bedrooms

I am so happy to report some progress in our bedrooms since last week. The hardwoods are finished and we were able to move everybody upstairs to their own rooms. Here is our master bedroom. I love how it turned out, with all the windows that create light and the hardwood floors that we uncovered after pulling out very yucky tile from the 50's. The wall color is "Graphite" from Restoration Hardware, mixed at Lowe's. You might not be able to fully appreciate this photo unless you see what it looked like just a few weeks earlier on January 28... I'm so glad we got some "before" pictures!

This is Clay's room. The barn door headboard came from our friends, the Mansfields, barn in Northern Indiana. And Emma's pink room. This is where all my shabby chic stuff gets to come out... The old chair and white mirror above the dresser are from Goodwill's half-off sale. The dresser used to be Jeff's and I just painted it white.
It feels so great to have our beds to sleep in. We are loving this!

16 comments:

the back door said...

hi!! you look like you have been having fun too!! i love your built-ins. our old house in town that we just sold had lots of those! this one doesn't have that, a much more simple farm house. i also love your decorating. definite inspiration as i am beginning to think decorating! i'll keep posting pictures as we progress!

Kelly said...

Yeah! I love it! I'm so happy for you friend! It's been a long time coming and God is rewarding you for your faithfulness! Can't wait to come see it soon:)

doddyj said...

Ade, your decorations are gorgeous. You should apply to have your house in Better Homes & Gardens! We're moving into a house with wood floors, except they're left wanting much love & care...there's a 1/2 inch gap in between two floor boards at the entrance that our landlord claims we can drop extra money into if we want...

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, Ade. Can't wait to see it in person again, this time much improved! : )
Audra

Carrie said...

Yeah!! So nice to finally have some relaxing space! Such a long wait! They are all beautiful! Great job!!

Jan Lehman said...

All I can say is, we were just there this weekend, and the pictures don't even do it justice!
Can you say "over-achievers"?
~Proud Mom

Hyser Family said...

B.e.a.Utiful! :)

Liz Henderson said...

Beautiful! Keep posting pictures Ade! Mike and I love checking in on how your house is coming along-what a neat project! The bedrooms are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

so glad you are getting settled! we are happy for you! and all your hard work and waiting time is paying off. it's been fun to be part of your story through your blog....
traverse city blodgetts

Anonymous said...

I love your decorating! Clay's room is my favorite - for obvious reasons ;)
*Rachel Perry

Melissa Ries said...

Ooh la la Emma!! I love your room! :) It looks like the perfect room for a little princess! Ade and Jeff, you have done an amazing job!! What an incredible transformation. We are so thrilled for you!
Lots of love, Melissa

Susanna said...

Beautiful!!! Amazing progress, and so great to have the before and after pics. You have wonderful decorating abilities! Your family is very blessed. :)

Jayme said...

It is so cool to see these pictures, Ade!! I love that Scott and I got to be a part of the early stages, when everything was so gross, it was hard to imagine the end results, but I sure wish I could see them in person now :( Good luck with the downstairs floors. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

The house looks so beautiful!! It's obvious you guys have put a lot of work into it. So happy for you. :) Miss you.

Danielle Farquhar

Anonymous said...

So good to see all the things you've done with your new home!!! It will be great when I get to see all your hard work for myself. Can't wait. I'm plenty proud of my grandchildren--and their spouses.

Candy Family said...

Amazing.
Gorgeous.
Beautiful.
Blessed.

Love it!

So glad you are having so much fun.