Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Chaos
We moved into our house last week with it being quite a "work in progress." This is how we lived for the first 5 days. We couldn't move anything into the upstairs because we were still refinishing the wood floors and needed the polyurathane to dry. I took this picture of the kids reading their books, as if it was any normal day. They've been such little troopers as we've had this crazy time.
And, moving into the dining room . . . Jeff and I slept here while the kids slept on the couches.
The kids pretty much had to fend for themselves this week. This was how Emma dressed herself one day.
Our good friend Jen came to help us with the hardwoods. Thanks so much Jen!
And, Clay got to help paint his room a bit.
The lights in the kids' rooms were a bright gold, so I just bought a can of cheap spray paint and washed them in brown. I like it so much better. While I was at it, I painted some old black picture frames brown to go in the living room.
Next week I hope to post pictures of some finished rooms! We feel so thankful and blessed to have this home. The kids keep saying as they pray at night, "Thank you God, for this great house!" It almost feels too good to be true to have a home again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
How exciting!Thanks for keeping us posted! You'll have to visit this blog below of our new friends from Plymouth. They also just bought a major fixer upper and living in it like you guys! Kurt is actually Chris Garner's (and Melissa - Griffey) brother. Small world! Chris (the wife) is part time at our church as the children's director. She has similar taste to us. God always provides great friends with common interests! :) Miss you!
www.garner4.blogspot.com/
You'll be so happy you took pictures of the messy process because soon it will all be a memory--and a great one at that. Find peace in the chaos...He always has something to teach us along the way. And I can tell already that it's going to be a beautiful home! Great work!
Bravo for the four of you! I love Emma's outfit, and Clay painting his own room. Love you all, and can't wait to come for a visit!!!
Love...blessings....prayers...
always....
Mom Rack
LOVE emma's new look! :-) seems like the house is really coming along-- can't wait to see the progress!
Absolutely amazing, Adrienne! What gene pool did you come from?! And Em is a great example of "wear it with confidence"; she just can't NOT be cute (double negatives intended!). See you tomorrow!!!!
fun to see the work your doing.......take care!!!
Wow! I can't believe how much progress you have made in a week...After seeing the house this weekend I would've never guessed what it was like just a couple days before. You are doing a great job...it already feels like a home.
Post a Comment