Sunday, December 7, 2008

When we grow up...

...I hope Jeff and I walk hand in hand like this couple did down Los Robles today. They were the sweetest thing. I saw them coming about a block away and raced inside to get my camera.

They were so in love, like two high schoolers, and not a care in the world. His hair was slicked back and even a little lavender (not sure quite how that happens), and she looked adorable in her skirt. It made me smile. I wonder what their story is...like when they met, or what they dreamed of when they were kids. Just for fun, what do you think their names are? :)

9 comments:

Elizabeth Anne: said...

her name is edna, his is elmer. they were neighbors growing up. they've lived in california their whole lives. they've watched the city change over the last 50 years. neither one graduated from college, they didn't need too. a high school degree was enough then. originally they ran a general store, but now, they live off social security and family wealth. and they enjoy the wonderful weather and community that california has provided them. -elizabeth crist

Anonymous said...

Earl and Gladys. "Earl the Pearl" and "Gladys the Gem". He ran a gas station and she was a stay-at-home mom. They have 4 children, 16 grandchildren, and too many great-grandkids to count, and ALL of them live within an hour's drive. NO WONDER they're so happy! :-)
Love ya'
Mom Lehman

pammycakes said...

leonard and rose.....they both lost their spouses ten years ago, they met one another, married, and their friendship has helped to heal their broken hearts, their lonely days have now been filled with friendship and love!

Anonymous said...

Ade-

I've seen these two! They are precious...

Karin

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm pretty much with Mom Lehman :)
Love you, Ade

Anonymous said...

Oops, I forgot to sign my name.....as if you couldn't figure out that it was Clay and Emma's other Grama :)

Candy said...

I think their names are Les and Stella. I can only hope that Michael and I are like this as well. I believe love like this comes from realizing how special a gift God gave us in our spouses and never taking it for granted. :)

NotSuchACityGirl said...

I'd guess Jeff and Ade... maybe that is a stretch it is a beautiful story though

Anonymous said...

hank and lois. that's from andy.